In June 2014, attorney Christopher J. Zaruba joined The Stogsdill Law Firm, P.C. From 2009-2014, Chris worked as an Assistant State’s Attorney at the DuPage County State’s Attorney’s Office handling traffic and misdemeanor offenses such as DUI’s, and matters such as orders of protection and domestic battery. During his time as Assistant State’s Attorney, Chis was promoted to the Felony Juvenile Division and the Felony Trial Division and prosecuted over 300 cases to trial, including many jury trials. Some cases involved drug offenses, burglargies, and aggravated battery. Chris participated in the National District Attorney’s Association annual seminar on Trial Advocacy and now primarily focuses on family law at The Stogsdill Law Firm, P.C.
Chris received admittance to practice in front of the United States Supreme Court in Washington D.C. in January 2014. Additionally, he is a member of the DuPage County Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, and the United States Supreme Court Bar Association.
In 2009, Chris earned in Juris Doctorate degree from the John Marshall Law School. He was on the Dean’s list and received top honors in Evidence and Federal Criminal Procedure. He also clerked for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois under the Honorable John W. Darrah.
As a law student studying for Illinois’ bar exam, Chris worked as an intern drafting motions and participating in trials at the DuPage County State’s Attorney’s Office. Chris also assisted former State’s Attorney Joseph Birkett in prosecuting the last death penalty case prior to taking the bar exam.
Chris is an active member of the DuPage County Bar Association and has chaired the Young Lawyers Committee since 2014. He is also an active member of Robert E. Jones chapter of the American Inns of Court.
Chris attended the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana and earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science with a minor in History. He was recognized on the Dean’s List during his undergraduate studies.
In his spare time, Chris successfully campaigns for Republican candidates throughout the State of Illinois and DuPage County.
- Illinois, 2009
- United States Supreme Court, 2009
- John Marshall School of Law, 2009
- University of Illinois Urbana Champaign, 2006
- B.A., Political Science, History minor
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- DuPage County Bar Association
- New Lawyer Committee
- Chair, 2014-2015
- Vice Chair, 2013-2014
- New Lawyer Committee
- Robert E. Jones AIC of DuPage County
Honors and Awards:
- 2012 Outstanding Misdemeanor Prosecutor of the Year
- Dean's List, John Marshall School of Law
- Dean's List, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign
- CALI Award for Evidence and Federal Criminal Procedure
Past Employment Positions:
- DuPage County, Illinois, 2009-2014
- Traffic Assistant
- Misdemeanor Assistant
- 1st. Chair - Domestic Violence
- 1st. Chair - Orders of Protection
- 1st. Chair - DUI
- Felony Juvenile Assistant
- Felony Trial Assistant
- Law Clinic - John W. Darrah United States District Court for Northern District of Illinois