Joshua D. Lloyd joined The Stogsdill Law Firm, P.C. in June 2016. Josh's current area of focus is family law.
From 2013 through 2016, Josh was an Assistant State's Attorney with the Kane County State's Attorney's Office. Starting his career as a misdemeanor Assistant State's Attorney, Josh was quickly promoted to the Felony Trail Division where he handled serious felony criminal cases encompassing drug and alcohol-related offenses, domestic violence cases, orders of protection, burglary and theft, home invasions, and arson. As an Assistant State's Attorney, Josh also litigated civil commitment, Involuntary medication, petitions to rescind and specialty court proceedings. Josh brought over 100 cases to jury or bench trials, while supervising and mentoring entry-level attorneys.
Josh received his Juris Doctorate from Northern Illinois University College of Law in 2013 where he was awarded the Paul R. Vella Criminal Law Award and Scholarship. Prior to that, Josh obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in 2010 after being named a Political Science Scholar Recipient.
Josh is a member in good standing with the Illinois State Bar, DuPage County Bar, and Kane County Bar Associations. Josh is dedicated to zealous advocacy in the practice of family and criminal law.
- Illinois, 2013
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, 2013
- Northern Illinois University, 2010
- B.S., Political Science
Honors and Awards:
- Paul R. Vella Criminal Law Award and Scholarship, 2013
- For recognition in criminal law, evidence, trial practice, and public service
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Kane County Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Committee, Previous Member
Past Employment Positions:
- Kane County State's Attorney's Office, 2013-2016
- Assistant State's Attorney