William J. Stogsdill joined The Stogsdill Law Firm, P. C. in April of 2012. Since joining the firm, Will has primarily focused on practice in the area of family law. Will has worked on complex financial estates , custody disputes, negotiating property and custody settlements, and orders of protection. In 2011, Will was published in the Illinois State Bar Association Family Law Handbook as a Co-Author with William J. Stogsdill, of the chapter entitled, "Division of Retirement Benefits in Dissolution Proceedings."
Prior to joining The Stogsdill Law Firm, P. C., Will worked as an Assistant State's Attorney in the Criminal Prosecutions Bureau of DuPage County from 2009-2012 . He prosecuted over 100 trials, and achieved a 91% conviction rate in jury trials. While working as an Assistant State's Attorney, Will sat for the Florida Bar Exam. In 2011, Will was sworn in to the Florida Bar.Will is a board member of the Ambassadors for Vision , a charity board whose mission includes raising funds for the Illinois Eye Bank, an organization dedicated to the restoration of sight.
Will earned his Juris Doctorate degree from the John Marshall Law School in 2009. While at John Marshall , Will was a member the Trial Advocacy and Dispute Resolution Honors Board, Moot Court Honors Council, and participated in trial advocacy competitions. In 2008, Will was the team captain of the team that represented John Marshall in the National Trial Advocacy Competition. Will is also a trained Guardian ad Litem.
- Florida, 2011
- Illinois, 2009
- The John Marshall Law School, 2009
- Clemson University, 2005
- B.S., Financial Management, Cum Laude
Honors and Awards:
- Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2016
- Best Under 40, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2015
- Outstanding Service to the Office of the State’s Attorney, 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Florida Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Committee, Previous Member
- Robert E. Jones AIC of DuPage County
Past Employment Positions:
- Criminal Prosecutor's Bureau of DuPage County, 2009-2012
- Assistant State's Attorney
- Federal District Court of Honorable Judge John Darrah
- Judicial Externship