Kane County Family Law Attorneys
Lawyers Helping Clients in Batavia, Elgin, and Aurora with Adoption, Paternity, and Orders of Protection
By their very nature, matters related to family law are often among the most important and emotional concerns parties may ever have to face. That is why selecting the right attorney to help you through your family law issues is absolutely vital. You need an legal representation from a lawyer who understands your values and who will work with you every step of the way.
At The Stogsdill Law Firm, P.C., our team of attorneys is fully of aware of the significance and challenges of family law concerns. When our clients come to us with family law matters, we make every effort to simplify the resolution process and negotiate a favorable outcome for all involved. If negotiation fails, we are also prepared to litigate when necessary, protecting your interests in the courtroom as well. With our experience we are able to help our clients avoid unpleasant surprises throughout the proceedings and to minimize stress and contentiousness.
Reliable Family Lawyers in Kane County
Our attorneys have decades of combined experience in the practice of family law. To some, the phrase “family law attorney” may seem like another way of saying divorce lawyer. In reality, however, family law concerns extend far beyond divorce and child-related matters, and our team is equipped to handle the entire spectrum. We are prepared to help you with issues related to:
- Adoption: You may be interested in expanding your family, helping a child in need, or formalizing your legal parental rights regarding your stepchild. We can help you complete the adoption process in a variety of situations;
- Paternity: Your child deserves the chance at a relationship with both parents. We represent men and women establish legal paternity for their children, laying the necessary ground work for related issues including child custody, visitation, and child support;
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements: As you consider marriage, we are able to work with you in protecting your assets and property in the event of divorce or other unforeseen situations;
- Civil Unions: For any number of reasons, marriage may not be the right choice for you and your partner. We represent clients of all types, including same-sex couples, in the creation of or, as necessary, the dissolution of civil unions and domestic partnerships; and
- Domestic Violence and Orders of Protection: If you have been the victim of domestic violence, we can help. We will provide top-quality legal counsel for you through your divorce or other concerns, while working with the courts to have restraining orders or other instruments of protection issued.
Family law concerns require the personal attention of an attorney who will take the time to listen and understand every aspect of the situation. At our law office, we ensure that all of clients remain closely involved with all of the proceedings, as we provide experience and guidance to help them make the best decisions related to the case. The rights and interests of our clients will always remain our top priority, and we are especially proud to work hard in protecting children.
If you are involved in any type of family law matter, contact The Stogsdill Law Firm, P.C. at 630-462-9500630-462-9500 to schedule a consultation. One of our skilled attorneys will sit down with you, evaluate your case, and help develop the best course of action to meet your needs. Located in Wheaton, Illinois, we proudly serve clients throughout DuPage and Kane County and the rest of Northern Illinois.