Kane County Family Law, Divorce, and Appeals Lawyers
Attorneys for Divorce, Mediation, and Family Law Serving Elgin, Batavia, and St. Charles
When you have a family law matter that requires assistance, the decision of which law firm you choose is critical. Your attorney’s experience and skill plays an integral role in your case’s conclusion. For over 40 years, the attorneys at The Stogsdill Law Firm, P.C. have provided skilled counsel and representation for family law issues of many types. With more than 210 years of collective legal experience, we provide personal legal services of a boutique law firm, but are one of the largest family law firms serving the DuPage County community. Like a smaller firm, the attorneys at our firm are available to serve clients at any time of day, and from the beginning to the end of your case, we provide regular updates.
Experienced Kane County Family Law Firm
Attorney William J. Stogsdill is a distinguished attorney who has been practicing law in Illinois for over 40 years. With a strong work ethic which he instills in each attorney at The Stogsdill Law Firm, P.C., Mr. Stogsdill is deeply committed to the people whose cases he takes. No matter the complexity of your case, our attorneys pursue positive outcomes for their clients. With a focus on family law cases, each of our attorneys’ experience benefits our clients across a range of practice areas, such as:
- Divorce, including alimony/maintenance, unallocated alimony, marital property division, divorce planning, tax issues in divorce, and asset dissipation. Our attorneys also provide guidance in handling retirement plans, IRAs, and QDROs; international and interstate divorce; and post divorce enforcement and modifications.
- High Net Worth Divorce, often including such issues like business valuations; forensic accounting and asset tracing; and protecting investments.
- Child Custody, as well as such issues like sole and joint custody; child visitation, child relocation or removal; and grandparent visitation.
- Child Support including matters like children's expenses, failure to pay child support, post decree enforcement. and paying for college expenses as part of child support.
- Collaborative Law: Divorce and family law matters can be resolved without conflict and in a cost-efficient manner. Focusing on a collaborative approach allows you to do that.
- Mediation: Litigation is not always necessary in family law matters. Mediation may be an option if you would like to resolve issues outside of the courtroom..
- Family Law, such as issues that include adoption, domestic violence, orders of protection and restraining orders, civil unions, issues which involve alcohol and/or drug addiction, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements and paternity.
- Appeals: You may file an appeal and seek an outcome that is different from the one in your initial case with help from on of our attorneys.
Clients we have worked with in the past come from all walks of life and include those of modest incomes, professionals, and clients with high value assets. With many types of rates available, our attorneys provide guidance that is within your budget. Our goal is to work towards efficient, efficient outcomes in your case. If negotiation or mediation does not settle your case, we may litigate your case in front of a judge.
Attorneys Providing Aggressive Representation
Having an advocate on your side regarding your family law issue can make a great impact on your case. The attorneys at our firm give knowledgeable guidance and are known for their work representing clients’ interests in negotiations and in the courtroom. If a resolution cannot come about in negotiations, we are forceful advocates in family law litigation. Our attorneys’ standing in the community for providing aggressive representation allows use to settle cases that are of particular difficulty with favorable outcomes for clients. Often, referrals that come to use come from the other side in past cases who have seen our attorneys working as advocates for the opposing party.
If you would like additional information from our attorneys who can provide assistance for your family law issue, contact The Stogsdill Law Firm, P.C. - call 630-462-9500630-462-9500 today. We provide skilled guidance in Kane County and offer consultations to gain more insight about your situation.